Pages

Thursday, February 19, 2009

Córdoba

Before I begin, here is a BIG shout out to Malaina who is studying/researching/touring in the other Córdoba in Argentina!




In Córdoba we went to the mosque.

The red and white arches are from alternating brick and granite. I love the differences and similarities between the cathedrals we have seen so far and this mosque.

Next we found this guy, Maimonides, and rubbed his foot for infinite wisdom. So now I am brillante!

We also stumbled upon this. Terra Cotta pots with spider plants all over the sides of these walls in an alley. One day I will have this for my own home and garden.

The Alcazar (castle or royal palace) was very neat. This was where Christopher Columbus petitioned to Isabel to send him on his voyage. This huge statue is in the gardens.

The koi pond at the Alcazar.

1 comment:

Malaina said...

I Love it! You are awesome!