Pages

Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Beginnings: Alcalá


My first day in Alcalá some of us went to the Plaza de Cervantes to explore. Although my ears, toes, and nose were numb with the cold, I loved the atmosphere of the Plaza and the beautiful old buildings surrounding it.
The trees look rather odd right now because they have no leaves.

Calle Mayor with Christmas lights still up. This is one of the main shopping areas and centers of the night life in Alcalá.
We visited the house where Cervantes was born.
The court yard inside the casa was pretty neat.
Me encanta the cobblestone roads.
The university is very old, some say it has been here for over 5 million years. (Okay, I forgot the exact age, but work with me here.)
This is a courtyard inside this section/division of the university. As you can see, the snow is still here for a while.
Ximenez de Cisneros
Try to read this!
I love that there are classic American movie posters everywhere in the halls of Alcalingua.
Look closely and you can see the storks and their nests on top of these towers in Alcalá.

4 comments:

debbie said...

I love your pics! The atmosphere of places like that make everything in Utah seem very new by contrast.

Stacia said...

So happy to see pictures! AWESOME! Que padre! Que chevre! Que bomb-diggity!

I cannot believe there is snow there! I was imagining that you were going to a tropical climate. What was I thinking?! Hope you brought sweaters.

Hey Jude! said...

Tristan, these pictures are amazing! I am so happy you made it safe and sound!

OnlineGuy said...

Oh yea! I love all the pictures- keep em coming! :) I'm glad you are safe and having fun!