Pages

Friday, April 3, 2009

Valencia


We visited the Lladro factory and store in Valencia on Friday morning. I loved the nativity sets and the mother figurines. For our last institute class, the history of the Church in Spain, we watched a documentary on the temple and saints here in Spain. Part of the flim showed the role that Lladro had in the Madrid Temple and creating a version of the Cristus for the temple.


In the afternoon we headed to the beach!








It was the perfect place to watch the sun set behind the city.



On our final day Heather and I made our way over to see the Ciutat de laes Arts i de les Ciencies and the largest aquarium in all of Europe, also known as the L'Oceanografic (Oceanographic Park).

I think these were windows, they look very futuristic to me.

The picture doesn't do this building justice.


Yellow irises and pelicans.



Don't these birds make you think of Valentine's cards or jelly beans?

He posed for us!

Jelly fish are incredible and so delicate.


This big daddy star fish was almost 2 feet long.


One of the strangest fish that I've ever seen. What kind of fish is this?


It was crazy to be walking in a tunnel, separated only by glass, with sharks all around you.

Side note: Once upon a time I thought that I would be a marine biologist. That dream died when I realized that fish could be just as frightening as dogs. I still love fish though and had a great time at the aquarium!

No comments: