Pages

Thursday, April 2, 2009

Bilbao


Bilbao was on our agenda while visiting the Basque Country in northern Spain. The hotel we stayed at was super bien!
We celebrated Jenna's birthday with a Chinese dinner and toast (con agua).
The next morning we went to see the Guggenheim. Bilbao is a the place to see some amazing architecture like the museum and the bridge.

The "pond" surrounding the museum made a mist and I felt like I was in a cloud.

Me in the mist!

A creepy spider statue.

I noticed this little suprise underneath an overpass!

There is a super fun park next to the Guggenheim full of out-of-the-ordinary toys. I didn't get a good picture, but the little guy sitting underneath the jungle gym thing was doing tons of acrobat tricks and stunts while we were there. So cool!


Sorry Mr. Brown, I think I liked this bush clock better than the famous tree stump when we went to Guernica (the city that was devestated by German bombs in 1937). On our way back to Alcalá we ran into snow, crazy.

1 comment:

Stacia said...

Yuck!! WHY did you have to post the spider statue picture?! just kidding... did you know that they have some smaller versions of that statue in Washington D.C.?

By the way, I Can't WAIT to talk to you Sunday on WEBCAM via UT!!!! Have a wonderful trip home.