Pages

Monday, March 2, 2009

Monday Market

Today's adventure was going to the Monday Market after class with Heather. You can buy all kinds of trinkets and such with only a couple of euros, but most of it is just more stuff. I went for the experience and absolutely loved it! I was literally sucked into the crowd around the rows of fruits and vegetables. I could only move forward, trapped between two old men that smelled of cigars, until I finally was able to break away. All the vendors shout out their wares and prices which I thought was pretty cool until they shouted at me and then tried to convince me that I needed that knock-off watch or camiseta.

Here is a quick clip of what the market experience is like here in Alcala de Henares.

(Sorry about the jostling in the video, I was trying not to call too much attention to ourselves.)

2 comments:

debbie said...

Tu es guapa indeed!

Mandy said...

si, muy guapa :)
what a crazy marketplace! two euros for a pair of shoes!
p.s. my "word verification" word is "fluthila"